Sunday, May 29, 2016

May Beauty Favorites

Looking back at it, I'm seriously shocked at how quickly not only this month, but the entire year has been flying by. I feel like it was my birthday just a few weeks ago, but that was all the way back in February. Say what?

For me, May has been such a refreshing, feel-good kind of month.
I've had the past two weeks off which means that I've had some time to take a few breaths, take a step back and treat myself a little, and it's definitely helped me both mentally and physically.
It's also been the month my skin condition finally started looking up - and that's mainly because of the products I introduced into my routine!


Face Up! Acne Device (179€)

I've mentioned all the problems I've had with my skin ever since the beginning of the year here and there - after being acne free for years, I had an insane flare-up at the end of January that would continue bugging me for months.
At times, most of my face was made up of red, inflammable patches and spots. Yuck.

I tried pretty much everything I could get my hands on, most of which made my skin look even worse, so you can imagine how desperate I was. Desperate enough to take the plunge and purchase this little device when someone pointed it out to me.

I'm going to give an in-depth description of how this works in a review of it next week, but it basically works with warmth and magnetic fields to get everything that's clogging up your pores out, get rid of your spots and treat your skin to keep your skin acne-free in the long term.

I didn't believe this would get rid of my acne, but it actually did - after a month of using this every night, all that is left of it are some small red areas where spots once were and my skin still needs time to heal.
This is definitely worth every single cent I spent on it!


Lush Bunch of Carrots Reusable Bubble Bar (9,99€)

I got these carrot-shaped bubble bars for Easter - originally, there was a pink one as well, but I've already used that one up, woops. I'm so sad that they're only available around Easter because they're absolutely amazing!

They all share the same wonderfully pleasant smell of lemon, bergamont and buchu which is very refreshing and definitely also fit for people who don't like very heavy scents; and they make the water feel soo soft on the skin so you get out of the bath feeling absolutely luxurious.

The 'Bunch of Carrots' is a little more pricey than Lush's other bubble bars, but as you can easily use each carrot for two baths, you can get up to six baths out of this, which is really good value for money if you ask me!


MAC Lipstick in 'Kinda Sexy' (20€)

This must be one of the most featured products of all times on my blog (I actually have a full review of it up here) and some of you must be getting tired of seeing this, but I'll never stop preaching about how much I love it. Soz.

'Kinda Sexy' is the ideal nude shade for very pale people like me - it's a mauve-ish pink with some brown undertones, but I've also come to find that it looks different on people with different skin tones, so you should definitely check it out for yourself.
On top of that, it also has a matte formula, which is my absolute favorite of MAC's formulas because it's incredibly long-lasting without being majorly drying on the lips.


VK Cosmetic's 'No For Problematic Skin' Care Range (37€)

I've mentioned how much I adore this skin care range before, but it's helped me so much that it more than deserves a place amongst my monthly favorites.

It includes a cleanser, a toner (which has not been available for a while, so I don't actually own it yet) and a skin cream, all of which are designed to treat acne-prone, inflammable and oily skin - and these products work a treat!
They've been nothing but good for my skin - I haven't experienced any allergic reactions to it and have beeen using it for over a month now, which is extremly rare for me.

What's also a huge plus about this range for me is its smell.
Products that are designed to treat acne usually stink, if I'm being honest here, but these products smell of raspberry! It's such a light, pleasant smell that lingers on my skin for quite a while after application.


What products have you been loving this past month?

If you liked this post and want to be updated with fresh content regularly, please follow me on Bloglovin'!
You can also find me on Twitter and Instagram as well.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love the Lush carrots so much! And that lipstick is so pretty, great post :) xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, aren't they! Thank you so much. :) x

      Delete
  2. lovely picks!! the lip shade looks so pretty (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig