Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Skin Care Range For Problematic Skin

I make no secret of the fact that my skin and its condition are far from great - it's blemish prone (and even that is an understatement for someone who has dealt with acne on and off for over six years), sensitive and has allergic reactions to a lot of products and other influences. Sweet.

Because of how problematic my skin is, it's always been really hard for me to find brands that do skin care products I can work with without making my head look like an ultra red, blown up ballon - while ranges courtesy of the likes of Clearasil and even Nivea worked fine for my friends, they didn't at all for me.

Well, bless my Mom - she randomly stumbled upon a skin care range called "NO for problematic skin" by a brand called VK while browsing Amazon.
Now, I had never heard of said brand before, but in a really desperate hour of hating my skin and wanting to just scrape it all off, I decided to just give it a go as the reviews were really promising.


I purchased their cleanser as well as the cream that goes with it. The brand claims both of the products to disinfect highly inflammable skin that suffers from acne.

Both of the products have a very light and pleasant smell of raspberry to them, which I found very nice as all acne products I've tried over the years really stank, if I'm being honest here.

Now, I use the cleanser both in the morning after I get up and at night before I go to sleep.

As I have pretty dry skin in all areas of my face but my T-Zone to begin with, I found this one to dry out my skin a little, which must be due to the fact that one of its ingredients is salicylic acid, which helps the skin rid itself of dead skin cells.
What I love about this is that, while it can be a little drying, it never gives my face the burning sensation every other face wash I have tried left me with.


As for the cream, I only apply a pea sized amount of it to any area that shows blemishes or big red patches before going to sleep.

Much like most products that include strong ingredients, it sometimes causes my skin to sting for a few moments right after application, especially if I apply it open wounds.
I've used this for just over three weeks now and I feel like it not only makes my skin feel a lot smoother and my pores appear smaller, it also helps blemishes to regress in size - it even works on bigger ones as well! After three days, most blemishes will have become very small and almost not noticeable at all.


Overall, I would wholeheartedly recommend this skincare range to anyone who struggles with problematic skin.

For one, I have never experienced any allergic reactions to the products, which is quite a big deal when you're pretty much allergic to 80% of all ingredients used in beauty products.

On the other hand, these products have helped improve my complexion a lot when everything else failed me. I often use a product and it works fine for a certain amount of time, until it suddenly appears to lose all of its affect on my skin. Not with these - they still do a great job after three weeks of usage.

The only downside to this range is that it's not really low-end - the cleanser is available for 13€ on Amazonthe cream for 23€
However, you do achieve great results with these, so I would rather invest a little more money into better quality products rather than buying cheaper ones that might make my complexion look even worse.


Do you have a holy grail skin care product or skin care range? If you do, please let me know in the comments, I'd love to check it out!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I haven't got extremely problematic skin, but I do tend to have large pores and redness.. So, I feel ya! I've found that using toner REALLY helps. Also, for makeup, miscellair water is amazing! I've been using the L'Oreal one and I absolutely love it!

    -XVXlalala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never used toner before! But I absolutely love micellar water, I haven't used anything else to take off my make up for over a year! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig