Sunday, November 1, 2015

October Favorites | Beauty


I actually can't believe that October - and with it, the majority of fall - is over. I'm already longing for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, warm days and comfort food, but it's bearable, really, because we're very well onto Christmas now!

I really enjoyed playing with loads of autumnal colors during the past month, like golds and red and sometimes even purples, and that defenitely shows in my most used products from October.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 'Light Porcelain' (12€)

If you've been here with me for a while, you might know this foundation right here was my holy grail base product in spring, but once summer came around and I got my first sunburn of the season, it was suddenly two shades too light for me. Sad face.
Now that my tan has faded and I've gone back to my original pale self, I finally got to crack it out again - and I fell back in love with it instantly.

This foundation adds that bit of glow to my skin which it's lacking during the colder and darker months of October due to the tiny specks of shimmer included in it, but it's also insanely easy to blend and sinks into the skin very quickly.
And as my days get longer as my schedule grows and grows, this one's very practical as its lasting power is insanely strong, even when worn by itself, without any primer or powder. When the latter are used in combination with the foundation, it lasts pretty much all day without needing a touch-up.


KIKO Smart Lip Pencil in '712: Rose Mauve'  (2,50€)

It's no secret that I adore next to all of KIKO's products, so their lipliners, especially the 'smart lip pencil' line, is no exception.

I originally picked this one up because I found it to be a next to perfect match for MAC's Twig, which I still think it is, but I've found that lately, I've been wearing this one on its own much more than the combination.
That's probably due to the fact that it's so easy to work with - if you applied a little bit of lipbalm prior to the liner itself, this glides on smoothly, without any tugging or struggling.
It's also very pigmented, which means that it works very well by itself - and its staying power outlives those of a lot of my lipsticks, due to a matte-like finish.

And all of that for merely 2,50€. That's less than I pay for lunch on a daily basis.
If that's no great quality for money, I don't know what is.


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in '610 Red Zin' (8,99€)

As I mentioned in my fall nails post, I never owned a Sally Hansen product prior to this one even though I've read quite a lot of rave reviews about them.
In fact, my Mom picked this one out for me because I'd talked to her about how I wanted to incorporate more autumnal colors into my make up collection. (Love you, Mom!)

This nail polish has suprised me on so many levels, I'm not gonna lie.
For one, the finish of this is so pretty. Once you've applied two coats, you achieve full coverage and, on top of that, a super shiny finish that makes your nails look like you just had a super expensive manicure.
But, even more importantly, the longevity of this exceeds any of my expectations. I went an entire week, going swimming multiple times, cleaning the flat, cooking and doing all kinds of work and only on the seventh day, it started chipping. I have no clue how that is possible, but I was so amazed that I instantly wanted to check out more shades with this formula.


Essence Lipliner in '06: Satin Mauve' (0,99€)

Essence is one of those hit-miss brands for me - they have some amazing products that give you great value for money, but then you have products that you buy because hey, it's a budget beauty brand, and you end up with either a nasty rash or, at least, pretty crappy results.

But as one of my friends recommended their lipliners, and the shade 'Satin Mauve' in particular, to me, I thought that at less than one Euro, there really wasn't a lot for me to loose did it turn out to be horrible.

Turns out, I was yet again very wrong - for one, the pigmentation of this, as the name suggests, mauve shade is amazing so that it can easily be worn by itself, which I usually do, on the other hand, application also isn't much of a fuzz with this product because it glides on rather smoothly, much like the KIKO liner.



What product(s) did you love in October?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig