Sunday, November 15, 2015

Christmas Wishlist


It's the most wonderful time of the year! Once we hit mid-November, my family starts decorating for Christmas and cracks out the Christmas cookies and mulled wine, so there was no way I could escape the rising excitement and warmth in my stomach. So I'm typing this while looking out at the lights I put up on my balcony and munch on some gingerbread. I'm not even ashamed at this point.

I've also found that it was really hard for me to make up my mind on what I could wish for this year. Usually I'll have an at least one foot long list by early September because whenever I'm broke, I just chuck the things I'm lusting over on there. However, there's only a few things that would make me cry were they to land under the tree - and here they are!



I've been lusting after Yankee Candles for the longest time, but as they're pretty hard to get a hold of in Germany and on top of that, quite expensive, I never had the courage to commit to pruchasing one.

However, I stumbled across their Christmas themed scents when I was downtown the other day, and I fell head over heels for this one - it was basically love at first sniff. I had to have it.
Christmas Cookie smells, as the name suggests, like delicious, sweet cookies, without being overly sweet or sickening, but very much making my tummy rumble.
The jar is also huge, so this one will definitely last you for quite some time.



How cool are polaroid cameras? I'd love to take one of these to a special event and just snap away - without getting to see the outcome on a screen, or editing them, or pressing 'delete' 99% of the time. Those would be some damn rare and real photos.

The only reason I don't own one of these yet is their price tag - ninety Euros is quite a lot for a stundent who is barely scraping by. I'd have to live off of toast and cereal for much longer than two weeks to both pay my bills and afford one of these.


3. iPhone 6s in 'Gold' (849€)

It's so beautiful. And so shiny. And just checking the price tags downtown made me see stars.
Truth is, I'm a true Android girl. I've never ventured into the world of Apple before, simply because I'm not made of money and holy hell, these things are so expensive. Especially when you, like me, need at least 64GB of memory because you simply can't delete any of your pictures.

Even though this is by far the most far-fetched wish on this list of pretty things, I could not not put it on here as I've literally been oooh-ing and aaaah-ing at it ever since it's been released.



I actually mentioned the 'Intense' version of this perfume in my fall wishlist, but somewhere along the way, I started to realize that it was way too overpowering. Overpowering in like, I spritzed some of it into my hair when I checked it out while shopping and then went home to wash my hair - only that it still smelt of the perfume after I had washed it. What even?

La Vie Est Belle is both a sweet and a fruity smell and has notes of vanilla, pear and pralines in it. It's such a wonderful perfume for the colder seasons and could both be worn during daytime and for a night out.



I've only ever tried one of Benefit's products before, which is their Erase Paste, a concealer that I loved so much that it became a staple in my daily routine. Other than that, I've always admire the Benefit counter from afar.

The 'Do The Hoola' kit, however, does make my fingertips tingle just a teeny tiny bit. It includes the 'Dew The Hoola', a product exclusive to the kit (which is a good enough reason to get it, let's be real), as well as minatures of their infamous Hoola bronzer, They're Real mascara and the Benebalm, which means that you get to try out four of the brand's products for a relatively small price - compared to what they'd usually cost - and make up your mind about them before you go ahead and buy a full size!



It's no secret that I'm in love with Urban Decay's much talked about Naked palettes, and while I sadly didn't get the opportunity to pick up the smoky one, I have been eyeing up the second of the 'Basics' palettes for a while.

I love that it's so small and compact which makes it very well suited for travelling (unlike the pretty bulky other palettes) and also the shade selection, which is right up my alley.
Also, with Urban Decay, I know that I'll get good quality, so this definitely is money well spent.



This book right here is the long awaited sequel to 'The Young Elites', which was one of my favorite reads this year - I even wrote an entire review on it here.

Ever since finishing that book, I've been waiting patiently anxiously for its follow-up because I was so desperate to find out how Adelina's story continues. The wait was actually physically painful - that's how dedicated I became to this story and its characters, woah.

And on top of all the goodness that Marie Lu's books are anyways, I haven't had the time to read in months, so having a good book to sit down with over the holidays would be really freaking nice.



I don't know what it is about Ted Baker's bags and purses, but somehow I'm magically drawn to them. Everytime I pass them in a store, I just have to take a look at all the pretty, shiny goodies - only to leave with a sigh.

I've wanted to get a Ted Baker purse for so long now, but I never really had the spare money to do so - or, when I actually did, I thought I'd feel way too guilty about spending so much money on a purse that I didn't. So I totally added it to the Christmas wishlist, because who knows, maybe someone who loves me might have less inhibitions than me when it comes to being so spendy. (If only.)



I grew up with the 'Sims' franchise, and I've been obsessively playing it ever since 'The Sims 2' came out. Major throwback, right?

The Sims 4 is definitely the reason why I never get shit done. I love the game so much that I like to accidently let it consume next to all of my free time - I'll sit down to play and suddenly it's two hours later. Woops.
So, being the addict that I am, there was no way I would miss the new expansion pack that's coming out at the end of November, which is called 'Get Together'. 
I'm so ready to pull an all-nighter, and I wish I was joking.



Which lusted-after products made your Christmas list this year?




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hahah I'm a sims addict as well, it's definitely very distracting!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig