Friday, August 7, 2015

Battling Frizz With John Frieda | Beauty


I love summer because of its warm weather and ll the swimming and sunbathing I get to do. But sadly, all of these things do take their tool on me throughout the season, wearing me out more than I'd like them to.

My body's never really handled extreme temperatures, whether it's boiling hot or freezing cold, but something that I hadn't experienced until this summer is my hair turning into what feels like dried leaves, crisp and dull.
Now, put the fact that my hair's usually really frizzy anyways into the mix and you have one big, tangly mess that is impossible to deal with. At one point, once I had managed to comb through it, it would go back to its original condition mere ten minutes after I had left the house.

As you can imagine, I was pretty fed up with dealing with hair like that on a daily basis, so I decided to check out some new haircare bits that I hoped would help me with what was starting to look like a birds nest on my head.

When I was wandering around the drugstore, I saw that there was an offer for John Frieda's Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth shampoo - what a mouthful - with which you get a small travel sized tube of it for free, so I decided to see if it could help me.


The shampoo claims to "provide immediate frizz-resistance and with continuing use the benefits get stronger - providing even smoother, more manageable and frizz-free hair over time" and I can very well stand by that statement.

After the first use, I noticed that my hair had gone a whole lot softer, and even though it was still quite dry, all the frizz had gone completely. My hair was so much easier to work with after the first wash, even though outside, the temperature was still around 35 degrees.

I've used this a couple of times since then, and my hair has only continued to improve. It both looks and feels more smooth and silky after every wash, with no frizz in sight.
I can finally comb through my hair again without feeling like I'm ripping half of it out, and styling it isn't a problem anymore, either.
On top of that, this shampoo smells absolutely delightful. I'm not a fan of really strong smells in any kind of product, but this has a faint, pleasant smell of fruit, which sticks around for at least a day after you washed used it.


Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is struggling with really frizzy hair that is hard or impossible to manage as you already can see the results after the first wash and with every use, the shampoo keeps improving your hair's condition.
It's a little pricier than your average shampoo at 8,99€ for a 250ml tube, but those extra Euros definitely pay off in the long term.

Have you tried any other products by John Frieda that are worth picking up?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for a great review! I've been thinking of trying it out for a while now and this just persuaded me even more xx
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that I'm replying so late but you really should! It has helped my hair improve so much. :) x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig