Monday, August 31, 2015

August Favorites | Beauty

I can't believe August is nearly over! With the first day of September, fall beginns to slowly creep its way back into our lives with its sweater weather and rainy days.

For me, August has been one hell of a busy month. Because the majority of my summer break happens during August, I was on the move pretty much all the time - I travelled more than ever and made so many amazing memories, so you can imagine that my heart is breaking at the thought of my favorite month being over.

For most of the past month, very much like in July, a heatwave has been sweeping across Germany, blessing/cursing us with temperatures up to 40 degrees Celsius - which I was happy about at first, but really, what European can handle those kinds of temperatures for next to to months on end? Not me.
The extreme weather is probably showing in my favorite products of the month as well.




Maybelline Dream Pure 8-In-1 BB Cream (12,99)

I didn't wear make up a lot during August most of the time due to the heat that made me feel all kinds of gross, but one day, when I was getting ready to go out with my friends, I realized that I had a problem. Due to the tan that I got during the first few days of August, my foundation was suddenly way too light for me.

I found Maybelline's BB cream while rumaging through my drawers, and I was almost estatic when I swatched it and it matched my skin tone.
What I like about this is that it feels insanely light on the skin while managing to make my pores appear smaller and hiding any redness that I had going on.
Sadly, the shade 'light' is too dark for my skin when I'm not tanned, so sadly this will probably stay a summer fling.


Lush's Mask of Magnaminty (7,95€)

It's no secret that I love everything Lush, and their face masks are not exception. Their 'Cupcake' mask helped me rid my skin of redness and spots a lot, so I had high expectations for the Mask of Magnaminty, which I had heard lots of great things about.
And rightly so! Using this twice a week to exfoliate my skin has improved it more than I hoped for.
I love sitting down to read a magazine while this mask gives my skin a deep cleanse. Its smell of mint makes me feel even more at ease and clean.

If you want to find out more about this product, I have a review about it up here.


KIKO Smart Lip Pencil in 702 (2,50€)

As I mentioned earlier, August was kind of my 'no make up month', but when I got myself to do my make up, it mostly consisted of only my BB cream and a bright lippy, which is usually waaay out of my comfort zone, but when I re-discovered this gem, I desperately wanted to get more wear out of it.

KIKO's lip pencils are pretty creamy, which makes application a whole lot easier. I also found the color pay-off amazing for a lip pencil, the shade stayed vibrant for hours without fading or smudging.
The quality you get for such low price is definitely outstanding!
702 is a bright coral shade, which I thought was a perfect summer shade, especially when you've got a slight tan going on.


John Frieda Frizz Ease 'Beyond Smooth' Shampoo (8,99€)

To me, summer is tanning and loads and loads of swimming - and with that comes frizzy hair.
When I, at one point, was struggling to even brush my hair, I knew that it was time to switch up my hair cair products in order to do something about my hair's horrendous state.

I had read some reviews by bloggers who were really happy with John Frieda's products, so I picked up their Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth shampoo when it was on offer, and that was one of the best decisions I ever made.
This shampoo has made my hair so unbelievably smooth, while also getting rid of all the frizz within just a few washes, and my hair's condition has been nothing but great ever since I started using this!


Victoria's Secret Hydrating Body Lotion in 'Love Spell' (12,95€)

One thing you need to know about me is that my skin does not get tan - it gets red. Every single time I try to tan, even though I'm wearing layers of sunscreen. Fab.

Because of my recurring sunburns, I was forced to mosturizes my skin almost 24/7, and once I ran out of my Body Shop body sorbet, I had to find something else to use.
Luckly, there was a travel sized version of the hydrating body lotion included in the Victoria's Secret 'Layers & Love' set I picked up while I was in the US last year.

This body lotion seems to have quite the thick consistency at first, but it does sink into the skin fairly quickly, leaving the skin all smooth and silky.
What I also love about this is that it smells of cherry blossoms and peach, which is absolutely heavenly.


What have you been loving in August?


SHARE:

2 comments

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig