Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pink Lips for People Who Hate Pink Lipstick


Aaah, pink lipsticks. The enemy of many. When I shared a poll on Twitter asking you guys about your favorite shades of lipsticks, only one or two people voted 'pink.'

I totally get why a lot of people aren't too fond of these shades of lipsticks because if you don't watch out, you will end up looking like Natascha Ochsenknecht - if you don't know who she is, google her - and will want to literally punch yourself in the face whenever you see photos of your lipstick disasters.

For that reason, I hardly ever wore pink lipstick for the longest of times.
However, I've found a few pink lippies over time that I can pull off just fine - and as so many people struggle with coming to terms with pinks, I decided to share a few pink lipsticks with you that even people who hate pink lipsticks will love!

from top to bottom:
KIKO Velvet Mat Lipstick in '602' ; MAC Matte Lipstick in 'Kinda Sexy';  Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in '05 Nude Flush';  Essence Velvet Matte Lipstick in 'N02' ; MAC Satin Lipstick in 'Brave'


The 'low-key pink':

I feel like everyone should have that one lipstick that just always works for them, no matter for which occasion or situation. KIKO's Velvet Mat Satin Lipstick in '602' is definitely one of those go-tos for me.

What I love about this shade that it's very subtle and quite light, which means that it isn't in-your-face at all and can be worn to work. However, it can also be combined with a catching eye-make up for a stunning night-time look, so it's quite a versatile player.


The 'eye-catching pinks':

Now, these two are some of the more extroverted shades of pink, however you shouldn't expect them to be too extreme as they are recommended by me, the queen of fear of bright lipsticks herself.

MAC's  Matte Lipstick in 'Kinda Sexy' is classed as a nude shade by a lot of people, but to me it's a pink, and it's one of my favorit pinks of all time.
As it's on the lighter end of the sphere, it looks even more gorgeous on darker skin tones or if you're sporting a tan - besides that, it also looks great on paler skin tones; you should just keep in minds that it will most definitely come off as even lighter than it appears to be in the swatch.

Staying with MAC, their Satin Lipstick in 'Brave' is more, contrary to its name, for the not-so-brave - while it's still a quite vibrant shade, it's darker than 'Kinda Sexy' and thus, less flashy. Due to that, it can definitely be worn during the daytime to jazz up an otherwise simple look.


The 'not your average pinks':

I'm certain that to some people these two lippies will count towards other shades, but as they do have pink undertones I decided to include them in this post. Close enough, am I right?
They are definitely ideal for people who aren't interested in drawing too much attention to their lips through their lipstick - they're  pretty neutral and appropiate for day-time wear.

Maybelline's Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in '05 Nude Flush' appears to be a relatively dark shade in the swatch, but on my fair skinned gals like myself it'll appear to be a lot lighter, almost boardering on orange-ish.
It does take some time to dry to its matte finish, especially if you've applied a good layer, but it looks amazing once it's done. This can also look good with a lipliner underneath!

Essence's Velvet Matte Lipstick in 'N02' is more of a mauvey shade, nearly berry-like. Again, it does look a little different on the lips compared to the swatch - lighter and more pink-ish.
What's especially great about this is its quality, it doesn't fade and looks amazing for hours!


How do you feel about pink lipstick; and do you have a favorite one?
If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love pink lipsticks. They are my favourite!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to find someone who thinks of pinks as their favorite shades, I know so many people who despise them, haha!

      Delete
  2. These nudes colours are really beautiful! But I love bright pink lipsticks like Impassioned by MAC (a coral-pink) and the number 20 by Kate Moss, Rimmel! Have a lovely day xx

    _Aishettina_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've heard about Impassioned before, I'll check it out next time I pop into MAC! Same goes for the Rimmel lipstick - those are my favorite drugstore lippies! x

      Delete
  3. I often find pink doesn't suit me but there are a few of my favourites in here like MAC Kinda Sexy and Brave and I definitely agree - they are pinks for people who don't usually like pink! They are very toned down :) 08 but Kate Moss for Rimmel is a great one too! x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a lot of pinks don't suit me either which is sad as there's so many gorgeous ones out there! And I shall check the Rimmel lippies out. :) x

      Delete
  4. Brave is my all time favourite MAC lipstick shade, it's gorgeous!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. the essence velvet matte looks like my kind of lip colour! definitely going on my wishlist!

    great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bit lukewarm about pinks. These are super cute choices, although I think they look more like nude for my complexion.


    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not really into pink lipsticks, I find that brown, peachy and red shades suit my complection better. But purchasing Maybelline Nude Flush slightly changed my mind! It's now my go-to lippy for everyday makeup :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig