Saturday, July 9, 2016

An Outfit Fit for a Roman











You don't even have to read the title of this post to know whereabout these photos were taken; you can see it in my smile and the happiness radiating off the pictures. We're in Rome, the city that has stolen my heart, duh.

Well, technically we're in Tivoli, a town around 50 kilometers from Rome, where we visited the Villa d'Este, an ancient Roman villa with the most impressive and gorgeous gardens I have ever seen - you might've already seen pictures of it in my Rome photo diary.

There is so much lush, rich greenery to be had here, tropical plants growing what appears to be in a wild manner - obviously they're taken care of, but it all just seems so natural.
Besides that, the gardens include the cutest trick fountains I've ever seen and on top of that, some legit waterfalls.
Can you imagine I could not keep my jaw from dropping repeatedly during our visit?
I seriously wonder how I didn't end up with a fly inside my mouth, to be honest.


As for the actual outfit at hand here, I tried to go with the lightest clothing available to me at that point in time - we had temperatures over 32 degrees Celsius every single day during our stay, with peeks at around 36 degrees, I tried to pick clothing items I would sweat the least in.

I had picked this adorable flowy khaki top up from a shop I had never heard of previously the the day before - how adorable is the lace detailling at the hem? The cloth is also super light, which was perfect for the occasion.
I've also been obsessed with khaki everything lately, so this is yet another addition to my growing collection of khaki-colored clothing items. Oops.

As for the shorts and sandals - I've had both for absolute ages now. I feel like black shorts are my go-to when I'm not sure which bottoms to match to my tops; and the sandals are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn - perfect for city trips where you've got to do a lot of walking!

I laid really low on the accessories for that day, only sticking with my sunglasses, which I would've gone blind without; and my watch, as I physically cannot leave the house without it.


Where did you spend your last holiday? I'd love to know - I always like to add places to my bucket list!

TOP - Terranova (similar)| SHORTS - Madonna (similar) | SANDALS - Rieker |  SUNGLASSES - C&A | WATCH - Michael Kors 


If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Amazing pictures, Tivoli looks fantastic! I really like your outfit, you can never go wrong with khaki and black. I have never visited Tivoli but it looks like I'll have to add it to my bucket list. I am actually going on holiday to Croatia tomorrow and I'm really excited. :) xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Tivoli really is an amazing place, far beyond what you see in the pictures.
      And have fun in Croatia! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig