Friday, July 31, 2015

July Favorites | Beauty

Without me even noticing, July has come and gone, and we're well onto summer holidays now with today marking the last day of this semester. How has all of this happened so quickly? I feel like within the blink of any eye, all the time in between Christmas and now has passed. Am I the only one who feel like this? Because frankly, that's quite scary.

Anyways, for most of July, a heat wave has been sweeping over Germany, leaving us with hot and humid weather, which don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed to the fullest, but that situation also forced me to alter both my make up and my hair care routines as the heat was slowly starting to wear me out - that definitely shows in this month's favorites.


Benefit's Erase Paste (27€)

Desperate and tired of my daily struggle with the dark circles under my eyes, I picked this up at the beginning of this month as I had read some really good reviews on it and hoped that it would put an end to the endless battle I've been fighting.
And it totally did! Every single penny spent on this was absolutely worth it.
The concealer's very creamy in consistence and takes some time and patience to blend in, but once it sits in place, it provides medium to full coverage, letting my dark circles dissapear almost completely! It doesn't go cakey or slide off my face throughout the day, which is great for hot summer months like this past one-
If you want to find out a little more about this product, you might want to check out my review on it.


Pantene Pro-V 'Repair and Care' Conditioner (4,99€)

As I mentioned, my hair went through a phase when it was frizzy and dry no matter what I did this month, making it almost impossible to style, let alone brush.
When I talked to my Mom about that, she recommended this conditioner to me, and as I found that Pantene Pro-V products seem to work best for my hair anyways, I decided to give it a go.
I was seriously suprised by the results when I used this for the first time. My hair went from being one big, frizzy mess to smooth and soft within just one wash, and it stayed that way even on the second day after I washed it.
I've been using this product ever since and I'm so pleased with how my hair's condition improved, so this one's definitely one to stock up on on my next trip to the drugstore.


Essence All About Matt! Oil Control Paper (1,99€)

Unlike for students from other countries, school always ends at the end of July, meaning that I had to spend most of the heatwave in crowded classrooms and halls - at 36 degrees Celsius. As you can imagine, there was a lot of sweating involved.
To keep me from feeling insanely gross and like I'm melting altogether, I wanted to purchase oil absorbing papers. I knew that my Mom loves the Shiseido ones she owns, but I decided to go for the Essence option as they're only a tenth of the price.
I have to say, I did get quite a few weird looks when I slapped these on my face, but they had the exact effect that I wished for. They absorbed all the sweat, leaving my face looking slightly matte.
These are definitely a must when you're travelling or attending a festival this summer!


Essie 'Bikini So Teeny' Nail Polish (7,99€)

I was in a drugstore in Berlin, waiting for my friends to pick up some bottles of water, so, as I always do, I wandered around the make up counters and ended up at the Essie one. As I had always admired their polishes but never actually owned one, I decided to pick one up. Damn impulse buys.
'Bikini so teeny' is a light blue shade that has some slight, almost not noticeable glitter running through it.
I've never had a nail polish last me this long without chipping. I wore this for around a week and it had only chipped slightly on one of my nails, and I was only wearing two coats of it.
With its great quality and its shade, which I find perfect for summer, this has easily become my favorite nailpolish ever.


PS... Love Eyeshadow (1,50€)

I also picked this up when I was having a look around Berlin's Primark. I heard mixed reviews about their make up range and wanted to try them out for myself, and as this was so cheap, I simply couldn't resist.
There is no shade name available, but the one I own is a light nude, very glitter shade.
There definitely is a little fallout to expect to respect with this one as it is pretty glittery, but when worn with primer underneath it, it lasts all day long.
I've even received a few compliments on this one, which I had never expected from an eyeshadow that cost me less than two Euros. This one's definitely a winner in my books!


What have you been loving this past month?

Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig