Friday, March 6, 2015

My Top 5 Spring Lipsticks



I will admit it - if there is anything I'm obsessed with, it's lipsticks.

I own plenty of them - my parents keep stressing how having over thirty lipsticks can't be normal for a sixteen year old whenever I bring home a new one.

But to be honest, I just can't help myself when I come across a gorgeous colour, especially when the season changes and I'm on the hunt for some new, lovely shades.

As spring is nearing - or at least it should be, damn you Germany! - I thought I'd show you the five lipsticks I will probably be wearing most during this season!


1. Mac Cremesheen in "Fanfare"



This is one of my most used lipsticks ever. 
I actually haven't heard a lot of people rave about 'Fanfare', but to me this shade is absolutely gorgeous.
It's a more of a coral shade than a dark pink, which slightly but almost unoticably brown toned.
As I have very pale skin, this comes out looking even darker on me than it does on other people.
It lasts for a good 3 hours on my lips until it starts to fade, and it doesn't smudge while I eat and drink.
The Cremesheen finish also makes it feel very smooth on my lips, not letting them dry out at all while I wear it.


2. Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish - Spring Collection in the shade 16



While my Mac lipstick looks nice all year 'round, this shade just screams spring to me.
I've been eyeing up the Spring Collection shades for so long until I got this one, and I don't regret it.
This is a rather light toned pink, which I'm really not used to, but this year is supposed to be all about trying new things - so here I am!
Unlike 'Fanfare', this leaves my lips feeling rather dry after an hour or so - so I suggest you apply some lip balm before you apply the actual product.
It's not quite as long lasting, but it still looks good for about 2 hours, which I think is great for a bargain like this.


3. Avon Ultra Color in "Tangerine Tango"



Probably the most popping shade I own.
Tangerine Tango is a soft matte, orange toned lipstick - definitely not something I'd wear on a day to day basis, but with a neutral colored outfit this would look pretty sweet.
Even though it's a matte, this lipstick doesn't dry out at all.
However, it might somewhat smudge while eating which isn't too great because I personally don't like getting a bold color all across my face.


4. Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish in the shade "03"



I know I mentioned in my February favorites that I'd found my go-to nude, but this definitely waved my old favorite bye-bye.
This looks very dark brown on my lips, which is fine with me because at least it dosen't wash me out.
Unlike the other Rimmel shade it own, this one doesn't really dry out my lips. (Do they have the same formula? because if they do, that's pretty weird)
This doesn't smudge or fade for a really long time, I wore it for more than 4 hours yesterday and it still looked flat out fabulous - and Rimmel's lipsticks are an absolute bargain.


5. Avon Ultra Color Indulgence in "Honey Flower"



This isn't as much of a nude as the Rimmel 03 is, but it's still a rather subtle pink toned brown - not too much of a popping, springy colour, but I've been liking a simple/nude lip a lot recently.
This formula, again, is very long lasting - something that is a must for me when I buy a new lipstick.
The only thing I don't like about this product is that when you apply too much of it, it tends to get a bit creamy and/or sticky.


top - bottom: Mac's Fanfare, Rimmel's Kate 16, Avon's Tangerine Tango
(sorry that the Fanfare one turned out to be so tiny!)

top - Rimmel's Kate 03 ; bottom - Avon's Honey Flower



So there you have the 5 lipsticks that I'm looking forward to using this spring - what will your go-to lip products be?

Thank you so much for reading!



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. might have to look into some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I totally understand your thing with lipsticks. I think I sometimes take it to the next level when I don't want to serperate my lipsticks. I have 5 really special lipsticks and even if I have NO intention of wearing one that day I HAVE to take all 5. Idek. I have a problem.

    Btw, The lipsticks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shades and post! I would love to see biger pictures I think It would stand out more .

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely try and change that x

      Delete
  4. I've just come across you blog and I love it so much!!! Your posts are all very relatable and well written, and I look forward to reading more of your posts :)

    Feel free to check out my blog if you have the time.
    thepinkpineapple.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, reding your comment really made my day :)
      I'll definitely check out your blog as well! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig