Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Education And Its Side Effects | Lifestyle




Hi everybody!

I know, I know. I promised you guys that my next blog post wouldn't be about a heated topic, but, as I'm quite the feisty person, I get into arguments every now and then - just because if I think something's wrong, I won't shut up about it.

As you know, I'm currently in high school - a sophomore, to be more precise.

And to be honest, I love learning. Learning new things, like a new language, for example, is incredibly interesting.
But I hate the idea of studying. And that's what school is about these days, if you take a look at it.

Let's be real, you don't get home from school, sit down at your desk and think - "I'm going to learn my notes by heart just because I think the topic we discussed in class is pretty damn neat."
No, you do it because you have to if you want to pass a quiz, a test, an exam, a final.

Passing. It's all about passing.

And as if to prove my point, my entire class is having a mental breakdown over the Physics exam we're taking tomorrow as I'm typing these words.
And we're not talking "Damn, this is annoying" kind of reactions.

We're talking me studying for 5 hours without a single break.
We're talking my friend calling me, on the edge of crying.
We're talking some not even showing up for multiple days of classes so they have more time to study for one exam.

When did we reach the point where students would rather miss possibly important classes so they could try - and often fail - to pass some stupid exam?

I don't know about you, but I think somewhere between the idea of educating young people and this, something went very wrong.


Honorable mentions in what is wrong with our school system go to the fact that not only most of the people you will come across in your school career, but also a lot of teachers will take any given chances to pick on you, humiliate you.

I've met one too many of those teachers - my Physics teacher.

To be quite honest with you, even though I don't like judging people only by the things they chose to let me know about them, but I don't know how a woman who tells her students that they should leave her classroom and never set foot in it again because they obviously are too dumb to even take on a job at McDonald's would be able to raise two kids to be responsible adults, let alone teach a good hundred students a day.


I'm just rambling - yet again - but I needed to get this off my chest.

Because, being sophomores, most of the people in my year have reached the point where they either run on a lot of pain killers because they can't miss school even if they're having a migrane or they don't show up for school for weeks because it makes them feel that bad, heck, even depressed.


So when I say that I hate school it dosen't mean that I hate education or knowledge - it means that I hate the stress and the high expectations, it means I hate being treated liked shit, it means I hate the people who make me feel like a failure daily.


What are your thoughts on this? Have you nodded or rolled your eyes while reading my view on this topic?

Also, if you're feeling nice, please comment with which (beauty related) blog posts you would like to see me do in the future! :)

Thanks for reading, and I'll see y'all very soon!

Franzi x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig