Friday, June 2, 2017

Where Have I Been: Meltdowns, Graduation and New Beginnings

It's been really long, I know. I thought about my blog a lot during the past few months, and I really missed having a spare hour or two to sit down and write a post. I was so incredibly busy ever since the beginning of the year that I managed to publish exactly a handful of posts, and it made me feel awful.

There is, however, a reason why I haven't been able to find time for my small space on the internet since January - the past five months have been leading up to my Abitur, which could be described as the German equivalent of British A-Levels, and ultimately, my graduation.
The closer I got to my first exam, which was on May 3rd, the more I felt like all I did was revising. My butt was pretty much glued to my desk for hours on end - I didn't go out, I didn't get to spend quality time with my family or even read. I literally have a pile of 12 books that I've accumulated since Christmas and haven't touched since.

Exams were one hell of a ride. I think everyone who has graduated will be able to recall the stress and both the physical and psychological exhaution they bring with them. I was glad when I had the chance to creep into bed at night, so there was no way I was going to produce enjoyable content for you guys - and if I myself don't feel like my heart is in my writing, then I really do not want to share it with you.






Today, however, is the day I was released from this seventh circle of hell called senior year - it's results day! I'm really, really happy with the results I got, I even started tearing up in front of my teacher because I was so relieved that all the work I poured into these exams has paid off.
Minus the day of our senior prank and my actual graduation, which is at the end of June, I'm now done with school for good!

This also means that I have all the time in the world to be creative now, which I've missed more than anything during the past few months. Not only does this mean that I'll get to pick up painting as well as both my art and bullet journal, which I've practically given up, again, but most of all it means that until I start uni in October, I can invest all my time and strenght into blogging.

I started this blog to have a creative outlet, a space where I can put my ideas and thoughts into words and maybe, just maybe reach people with them - and even though I'm really only a small blogger, every little bit of engagement I get on my posts as well as on social media means the world to me. There is nothing better than finding like-minded people, people who you can discuss important topics with just as much as you can share beauty tips.

So I want to produce some banging content for you guys - I have trips to Rome and Barcelona coming up that I'll write about, as well as lots ideas for lifestyle posts that I'm currently planning out. And who knows, now that my daily looks are no longer limited to comfy shirts, sweatpants and no make up, there might very well be some beauty and fashion posts heading your way as well!

I'm beyond happy that, now that I'm free to do whatever I like, I get to work on this blog again. I have missed my creative outlet, and I've missed all the amazing people it has helped me connect with.
So with that - here's to new beginnings!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig