Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Lip Product Tag | Beauty


A few days ago the lovely Yana tagged me to do the "Lip Product Tag" - if you've been reading my blog for a while, you might have realised that I have a serious weakness for lippies. They're my all time favorite beauty products and I will never stop adding more of them to my already huge collection.
Due to my undying love for anything lip-related, I've been really looking forward to writing this post - so let's just get into the questions!


1. What is your favorite lip balm or treatment?

I have pretty sensitive lips that chap really easily, so I try to make an effort to look after them as much as possible. As much as I love my EOS lip balm, Blistex's 'Lip Relief Cream' works wonders on my lips when they're worn out, it feels so calming on them.
I'm also looking to add a lip scrub to my lip care routine soon, so if any of you have one you particularly like, let me know in the comments!

2. What is your favorite eye-catching red?

I'm very pale so I usually avoid wearing red shades because they often wash me out and leave me looking like a vampire, but when I'm feeling a little braver I always go with the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in '107', which is actually not a true red but more of a dark red with berry undertones - still pretty intimidating to me, though, so I definitely need to be in the mood for it!

3. Best luxury and drugstore product? Also, best MAC lipstick?

If you're looking for great quality drugstore lipsticks, KIKO and Rimmel are a good place to start - my two favorite drugstore lippies are KIKO's Velvet Mat-Satin Lipstick in '602 Natural Rose' and Rimmel's Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in '03 My Cool Nude'.
My favorite high-end lipsticks also happen to be MAC lipsticks - I just have to name two because chosing one over the other is absolutely impossible - and those are 'Viva Glam II' and 'Velvet Teddy', both of which are lovely nude shades I've had on rotation for a while now.

4. Most dissapointing lip product?

Much like Yana, I don't think I've ever tried a lip product I truly hated. Sure, there has been the odd lippie that I didn't particularly love, but no exceptionally bad ones. Except for all of my Mom's lipglosses which I used to snatch from her - and then put them back because I could just not deal with them.

5. Lip liner: yes or no?

A definite yes for me! I know that a lot of people can't be bothered with using lip liner, but I actually take my time to apply it on an every day basis. I feel like while you're not wasting a lot of time on applying it, it rounds of your lip look a lot!
Not to mentioned that I sometimes like to wear lip liners on their own because some shades are too pretty to be worn under lipsticks.

6. Favorite lipgloss?

I'm not big on lipgloss, up until a few weeks ago I actually really disliked it because most lipglosses are so impractical to wear, especially when you have long hair.
Then I discovered Essence's XXL Long Lasting Lipgloss Matt Effect and it really changed the game for me! As they dry to a matte finish, they feel more like a lipstick on the lips, meaning that they don't leave your lips feeling all sticky and that you don't get your hair stuck to your lips every 30 seconds. I especially adore the shade '06 soft nude', which I even reviewed here.


I'll now nominated these five lovely girls to do the lip porduct tag next:

1. Sarah from http://www.whatsarahwrites.com/
2. Georgia Hope from http://www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk/
3. Samantha from http://www.blendedtoperfection.co.uk/
4. Fii from http://www.littlemissfii.co.uk/
5. Kara from https://spreadthesparkleblog.wordpress.com/

What are your favorite lip products?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I got tagged to do this by Yana also and will be posting mine later in the week! :)
    I have to agree with the bold red, 107 is my go to and that'll never change. I don't have many Luxury lipsticks but I treated myself to two MAC ones today. Can't wait to try them!

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading your post! :)
      Also let me know how you like your MAC lippies - I'm always on the hunt for new ones! x

      Delete
  2. I love Rimmel lipsticks too. They usually smell so nice :D
    But I haven't got my hands on the famous 107 yet. How crazy of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was the only one who loved that smell! And you should really check out the 107, it's fabulous ;o

      Delete
  3. I loveee Rimmel lipsticks they're amazing! Also have such a soft spot for Estee Lauder ones


    lovely post,
    Daizy from| www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are amazing! I've never actually tried anything from Estée Lauder, I should really look into their products :) x

      Delete
  4. I'm the same, yes to lipliners, no to gloss lol I'll have to check out the Essence glosses though, they sound interesting!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like quite a few people aren't too fond of lipglosses, haha. You should really try them out, they're great! x

      Delete
  5. Velvet Teddy has to be my favourite MAC lipstick too! It's so beautiful, I will definitely repurchase!! I love reading tag posts as you get to learn a lot about the preferences of other bloggers!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tag posts as well - they really are heaven for nosy people like me! ;o And Velvet Teddy really is such a beautiful and versatile shade. x

      Delete
  6. Im quite pale too so red shades don't usually suit me. I either wear nudes or mauve shades.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nudes are definitely my go-tos, but I like wearing rosy shades as well - they're so cute! x

      Delete
  7. Hallo Franzi! Ihr Blog ist sehr schön :) Ich liebe auch EOS lip balm - my favourite is the Strawberry one! xxx

    www.francescajayne.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much love, your German's really good! 💗
    And I haven't tried out the Strawberry EOS yet - I'm really intrigued now, hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig