Monday, February 1, 2016

January Favorites | Beauty


Wait up - how is it the first day of February? I feel like January somehow slipped through my fingers, it went by that fast. Dominated by dark, rainy days, it wasn't exactly the greatest of all months, but nevertheless, it was the month for huge sales and due to those and also all the nice things I got for Christmas, I had a lot of new make up to try and test this past month, so there's a whole lot of new favorites this month!


To be honest, i didn't really wear all too much make up in January, mainly because it was so dark and gloomy that my bed was a lot more appealing in the mornings than my dressing table ever could be, but when I did manage to get up extra early, Urban Decay's Naked Basics 2 Eyeshadow Palette (30€) was my go-to for eyeshadows this month. It includes five matte, neutral shades that are very easy to work with and help you create a nice nude look - and they also are of outstanding quality! I expected nothing less from Urban Decay.
I loved this palette so much that I actually dedicated an entire post to it, which you can find here.

Whenever I fancied a more extravagant eye but couldn't be bothered to deal with endless blending of multiple shadows, I used the KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow (6,90€) in the shade '07 Golden Beige', which is, as the name suggests, a beautiful gold shade with tiny specks of glitter running through it.
I didn't expect to love this as much as I do, but once again KIKO exceeded all my hopes and expectations. Because it is an eyeshadow stick, the application is insanely quick, easy and fuzz-free. The brand claims this to last for up to 8 hours after application, and I can definitely grant you that! I've worn this for ten hours at a time once and only experienced minimal fallout.
Such great quality for a really affordable price!

Lip wise, I have two favorites this month. One of them obviously has to be  MAC's infamous Velvet Teddy (20€), which I have literally worn non-stop ever since I got it for Christmas. I found it to be the ideal nude shade for me, so it quickly became my "when-in-doubt" lipstick! Due to its matte formula it can be a little drying on the lips, but that's nothing a lip balm before application can't fix - however, the longevity of this is great - it sits in place for up to four hours and survives even heavy eating and drinking. If you're interested in reading a little more about the most hyped lipstick of all time, you can find my review here.
Staying with the nudes - and in my comfort zone - I also really loved using an old favorite of mine, the LR Deluxe Longwear Lipliner in '01' (10,99€), which I usually use with MAC's Viva Glam II because those two are an almost perfect match, but I found it to work really well on its own as well! It's pretty creamy and not at all drying on the lips, however it obviously doesn't last as long on the lips as a lipstick would.

The one area where I hardly ever branch out is perfume - I know what I like and I usually stick to it. But when I received a sample of Lancôme's La Vie Est Belle (110€/100ml), I instantly fell in love, even though it was so different from my usual flowery scents.
My lovely Mom actually got me this for Christmas, and I have not worn any other perfume ever since! I love that while it's quite a sweet scent, it also has some floral notes to it - it has notes of vanilla, pear and pralines to it, just to name a few.
And, to be real, wearing this makes me feel like a million dollars - and isn't that what perfumes are for?


What products did you love most in January?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. All these products look fab! I really want to try out the Naked Basics palette! And Velvet Teddy is my favourite lipstick ever! :)

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should try it out, it's such a great, handy palette! And Velvet Teddy has become one of my all time favourites so quickly, it's that great :) x

      Delete
  2. Nice Post! I have always been meaning to try out one of the Naked palettes and a Mac lipstick but there is so many to choose from.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle so much with picking a MAC lipstick everytime I'm at their counter! The huge shade selection always overwhelms me, hahaha x

      Delete
  3. I have the same KIKO eyshadow and I love it !!! The color is so beautiful :) have a lovely evening xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shade really is stunning! I want to try more of their eyeshadow sticks now because I've been loving it so much! Have a great day yourself! :) x

      Delete
  4. The Velvet Teddy lipstick is so pretty! Really need to try it out! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those kiko eyeshadows, they're so soft to apply! Fab favourites. I can't get into velvet teddy myself but I'm glad you like it!

    Gweni // www.gbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig