Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Skin Savior | Beauty

Usually, summer works wonders for my skin. Well, emphasis on usually.
I don't know what happened, but for some reason my skin decided to full on break out by the time August rolled around, which left me feeling insecure, and most of all, angry - because I go several months without any issues, and as my vacation nears, my chin turns into the hotspot for red spots. Incredible.

On top of that, I'm someone who's really fussy with their skincare. I've experienced more than enough allergic reactions to products in the pasts, so I often hold back from trying out new stuff because I' afraid that it'll cause my skin to break out even more.

I was stuck in the same dilemma with Lush's "Mask of Magnaminty" which I picked up at the beginning of August, when I had run out of my trusty Cupcake mask and shit really hit the fan.
Do I try it and risk my skin to look worse? Or do I not and eventually miss out on the good effects it might have?

In the end, I ended up putting this off for way too long.





Lush calls this mask a "multi-purpose mask with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients to clean, calm and clear the skin", some of the ingredients mentioned are vanilla absolute, peppermint oil and honey.

The first few times I opened up the tub the smell of mint was actually a bit overpowering for me, but I got used to that pretty quickly.

Once applied to the skin, the mask feels insanely cooling and fresh, which is very nice compared to various masks that made my skin all kinds of itchy.

After letting it dry up for the recommended five to ten minutes, you are instructed to carefully wash the mask of with warm water.

I don't think my skin has ever felt more smooth than after washing this mask of. On top of that, my skin is left feeling refreshed, clean and smelling faintly of mint, which I like a lot.

Despite my worries, while it makes my skin feel a little tight right, the mask has not once caused any irritations whatsoever. It even helped my skin clear up a lot during continued use!


All in all, I think it's clear that with this mask, Lush have once again done my skin a huge favor.
I love watching my skin improve more and more with each and every use, and even though at first sight, the container might look kind of small to you, you really get a hell load of uses out of it.

I'm definitely excited to try out more of the masks Lush has to offer in the future.
What is your favorite one out of the bunch?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig