Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Fool-Proof Taco Recipe | Lifestyle

Ever since moving out earlier this year, I've had to cook a lot more than I used to do, which led to me living off toast and cereal for weeks because I came to relize that, oh my god, I hardly know how to cook.

I got tired of making the same three or four meals that I know how to cook over and over all the time - and when I invited friends over to my new place for the first time, I headed over to Pinterest, hoping to find some new recipes because I was seriously lacking inspiration and quite honestly on the verge of a mini breakdown.

I stumbled upon this recipe for tacos, which looked easy enough, yet sounded pretty darn delicious.
And it definitely was! The instructions were really easy to follow, so us girls had no trouble prepearing the tacos. And if a bunch of teens can cook up this dish, I'm pretty sure you should be able to, too!

As this has easily turned into my favorite dish - and it's totally healthy as well because there's vegetables in it, right? - I decided to share it with you guys.

Ingredients:

- 2 lbs ground beef (alternatively chicken/turkey)

- 1 onion, diced

- 1 can tomato sauce

- 1 can refried beans 

- 2 cups shredded cheese

- 18-20 hard taco shells


Optinal Ingredients:

- Lettuce (shredded)

- Tomato (diced)

- Pepper (diced)

- Salsa

- Sour Cream

- Guacamole


Homemade Taco Seasoning:

- 1 tabelspoon chilli powder

- 1/4 tabelspoon garlic powder

- 1/4 tabelspoon onion powder

- 1/4 tabelspoon dried oregano

- 1/2 teaspoon paprika

- 1 teaspoon pepper

- 1 teaspoon salt


Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
In a large skillet brown the meat of your choice and onion over medium-high heat. Drain of any excess liquid.
Return to the pan, add your refired beans as well as the tomato sauce and homemade taco seasoning.
Mix well and cook for a few minutes until the mixture doesn't seem runny anymore.

Spoon the meat mixture into the taco shells and add all the optional ingredients you would like to include in your taco, like lettuce or tomatoes.
Place the tacos in a baking dish, standing up. Then sprincle the tacos with the shredded cheese.

Place into the ofen and bake at 200 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated through.


What is your absolute favorite dish?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the look of these tacos. :3
    I definitely have to give them a go in Uni.
    I think stirfry, pasta, buritos and stuff like that are pretty easy :)

    Ellen
    My Blog
    Beauty Giveaway click here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that I'm replying so late, but if you do try them out, please tell me how they went! Because hopefully, they'll be super delicious. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig