Monday, July 3, 2017

I've Graduated!

  



It's been a while - again, I know. After finishing my exams, the lead-up to a very important event had been consuming all my time and attention - my graduation! 
I've been a student all throughout the journey this blog has taken me on during the past two and a half years, so I felt like it was only right to share this big milestone with you guys as well.





It took my hairdresser two and a half hours and thirty hairpins to get me ready for the evening, but it was definitely worth it - I looked like a completely different person on Friday night. I'm so grateful that I got an opportunity to dress up like a princess when in reality, I spend my days in baggy shirts and sweatpants.



Even though the evening was mostly stress - I tried so hard to juggle chatting with people, taking a million pictures and eating from the buffet that I didn't even manage to get a picture with my entire family in it, which I'll forever be sad about - it was still amazing,
There was something magical in the air. I suppose it was the knowledge that we had that night, a night filled with pretty dresses and pictures and family and friends, and no one knew what was going to happen after that. The places we'll go, the things we'll see and if we see the people we spent the past years with are all uncertain.

But I'm certain that it was worth it. All the studying and sleepless nights and early mornings and the stress. I'm certain that even though I always stressed how I couldn't wait to get out of school I'm going to miss it, and with it all the moments I've shared with people I've know for eight, twelve, heck, even fifteen years.

I suppose it's normal to become sentimental when looking at these pictures and reviewing these past few years and all the events and memories they brought with them. After all, this is the end of an era.
And the next era is just around the corner - I'm writing this after applying to university to become a teacher for English and Social Studies! Even though thinking about starting university in October does make me feel anxious because it's just going to be so different than school, I'm stilll very, very excited that I decided to take a path that I know will fulfill me, even if finding a post might not be easy.
After all, my graduation quote was "Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire".


In the past days and weeks I've thanked the people who walked this road with me, who supported me and who, most of all, endured all my moaning about exams, so I also wanted to thank you reading this. I've received some really sweet, uplifting messages that have brightened my mood while taking my exams, and besides that you still stayed with me when I put this blog on the back burner at the beginning of the year to prepare for my exams.

Now that I'm completely and well out of school and have until mid October until I start university, I truly want to get back into blogging again - I've missed it, and I've thought about how I wanted to sit down and write a lot, but there was never enough time to put out content I was proud of - and the last thing I want to do is write half-arsed posts just for the sake of them being published.

So here's to endings - and to the new beginnings they inevitably bring. May they be good to us.






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Well done on graduating school! You look absolutely amazing in your dress and your hair is spectacular.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dope! Congratulations ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig