Friday, August 12, 2016

MAC Lipstick Collection

It's no big secret that I'm an avid lover of MAC's lipsticks. They're easily my favorites due to the qulaity in pigmentation and longevity they offer, and don't even get me started on the array of different finishes and shades.

Because MAC has so much to offer when it comes to lipsticks, I feel like I can never have enough of them, there's always another shade I find while swatching countless lipsticks on the back of my hand until I finally run out of free space.

Thanks to my ever-growing addiction love for these lipsticks, I've continued to buy more and more of them ever since getting my first one in the fall of 2014 and thus have compiled a small collection of MAC lipsticks and as I love reading about other people's lipstick collections, I decided to share mine with you today!



Fanfare is my only Cremesheen finish lipstick in the bunch and was actually the first MAC lipstick I've ever bought. It's basically responsible for my love for these lippies and even this very post.
What I like about the Cremesheen finish is that the lipstick is very smooth and soft, almost buttery on the lips and feels as if it even hydrates them a little. Due to the finish, the longevity of the product is not as great - it only lasts for around two or three hours without heavy eating or drinking.
However, Fanfare is insanely pigmented; it's a pretty out there bright pink shade and absolutely perfect for summer.

Jist is the most recent addition to my collection - it was included in my recent MAC haul- and also the first time ever I try out a Frost finish.
I never thought Frost finishes would be up my alley because they contain insane amounts of glitter and are extremly out-there and hey-look-at-me, but when I swatched this shade in store I fell head over heels in love with it. It's a light brown to light orange-y shade infused with lots of glitter, but I still think it's rather wearable and can be combined with a simple eye make up for an eye-catching look.

Kinda Sexy and Velvet Teddy are the two lipsticks with Matte finishes I own and while they're both nude shades, they're still very different. Kinda Sexy is a very light pink with brown undertones that suits people with fairer complexions especially, while Velvet Teddy is almost a true brown shade and can be rocked by people of all skin tones.
What I love the matte finishes for is that they're extremely long-lasting and usually very pigmented. However, the matte finish can also be very drying on the lips and may even make them chap, so if you're going for these shades you should always prepare your lips by using a lip scrub and lip balm!

The finish I've been loving the most during the past two years must be the Satin one - I own three lippies that come with this finish: Brave, Twig and Viva Glam II. Brave is a darker, more muted shade of pink that's more fit for everyday-wear than Fanfare, Twig is a mauve-y shade that looks almost a little red with my pale skin tone; and Viva Glam II is a medium brown with pink undertones.
The Satin finish basically provides you with the best of both worlds: It gives you great color pay-off while being smoother and more forgiving on the lips than matte lipsticks are - and they're almost as long-lasting as matte lippies as well!



first photo: swatches without flash / second photo: swatches with flesh


There you have all the MAC lipsticks I currently own. To me, it's crazy to see that I've collected that bunch over the past two year - I know that a lot of bloggers own three or four times as many, but if you think about how pricey these lipsticks are I'm extremely happy about the collection I've got going on at the moment!

Do you own any MAC lipsticks? If you do, what are your favorite shades?



If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love your MAC lipstick collection! Most of the shades are similair to what I would wear, so next time I consider buying a lipstick from MAC I'll definiteky go back to your post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your collection! Twig is such a gorgeous shade, I really want to add it to my own collection. Great post! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig