Sunday, September 3, 2017

18 Things I'm Excited for This Fall

Happy fall y'all! Now that September is upon us, it's officially fall - or autumn, if you're from Britain. Now, I myself don't have a favorite season because I'll always find something that I adore about a certain time of the year, such as long summer nights and pool days in summer or Christmas and snow days in winter.

However, I feel like there's just something special about fall - the scent of pumpkins and of change is in the cool, breezy air; all the best foods make a comeback and nature turns the prettiest of colors.
As I've seen so many people on Twitter and Instagram who were buzzing for the new season, I thought I'd share some of the things I'm super excited for this fall!

(source)





1. All the leaves turning bright colors.

2. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I'm such a blogger cliché with this one but I just really, really love them.

3. Pumpkin anything, really! Can't beat my Mom's pumpkin soup, y'all.

4. Starting uni in October! Well, I'm equally parts excited and terrified about the fact that I'll be taking my first classes in just over a month, but that's a story for another post.

5. New stationary! With school and university starting again, fall is the best season to stock up on all the cute stationary.

6. Colder temperatures. Don't get me wrong, I love a good summer day, but we've experienced so much heat here that my body is ready for some chilly air now.

7. Getting to vote for the first time. (PSA to all my fellow Germans: General Election is on the 24th of September. Do us all a favor and don't miss it.)

8. Rainy evenings spent on the sofa reading.

9. Finally being able to wear my new coat that I, being a smart egg, bought in the middle of summer.

10. Finally getting to bake more because my stove doesn't make my kitchen feel like the seventh circle of hell anymore.

11. All the comfort food. I'm so here for a good chili or stew - or even some Sloppy Joes, which I've loved ever since my American host family made them for me!

12. Re-decorating my apartment and decking it out for fall.

13. Being able to wear all of my comfy sweaters again!

14. All the hot drinks, such as hot chocolate and lots of cups of tea.

15. Halloween is just around the corner!

16. Lots of TV Shows come back from hiatus! Actually can't wait for season two of Riverdale, just to name one.

17. Now that the weather is all gloomy, it's perfectly acceptable to spend a day snuggled up in bed, reading or binge watching your favorite TV show.

18. Jumping into a pile of leaves - because who says that's only for kids?



Is there anything you're excited for now that it's fall? Please let me know in the comments!





SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ah I love this post - it's so positive! I love Autumn(/fall) mostly because it's pretty, and the weather is crisp and fresh so I can wear jumpers! Got to be honest though, I don't like the classic PSL - I find it too sweet! Good luck for starting uni, you'll be great! :)
    Naomi Katharine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog post!!! This made me even more excited for fall than I already was :) My family and friends make fun of me for how much I love pumpkin spice-flavored everything but I take so much pride in it <3

    lisayuri.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when the leaves change colour. I look forward to darker nights and that cosy feeling.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love Autumn - and this post just makes me feel even more excited for it!


    carriefi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo excited for fall. I've also never thought of sloppy joes as a fall comfort food before, but now that you've mentioned them I'm suddenly craving them 😂

    Sinéad | Sincerely, Sinéad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yass, all of these things!! I have a similar post on why I love autumn so much over on my blog as well! Love the blog!

    Olivia | Immobulife

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig