Friday, May 20, 2016

Visiting Europe's Biggest Theme Park - Europa Park

If there's one place in the world that I would call my happy place, it would have to be the Europa Park.
It's been a huge part of my life ever since I first visited it when I was eight years old - that was almost a decade ago, how am I so old? I've returned to the park almost every summer since then.

For those of you who don't know the park - it is a theme park located in the very South West of Germany, only a few kilometers from the boarders to France and Switzerland. It's Europe's biggest and most visited amusement park only rivalled by Disneyland Paris and is divided up into several areas, which are all themed around different European countries such as Italy, France and Portugal, featuring not only rides but also national foods and other things that add to the overall atmosphere.

I've already talked about how excited I am that this year's summer is reserved all for our holiday to Teneriffe, so my parents suprised my brother and me with a two-day trip to Europa Park during our spring holidays - how adorable are they?
We set off for the trip around 4am on Saturday, and I swear I could not sit still for the entire weekend ever since then.


As we've already been to the park five times prior to this one, my family and I had already planned out a lot of our trip to save as much time as possible because waiting times are your enemy here.
We entered the park as soon as it opened at 9am and took the park's very own overhead railway to the very end of the park so we could go on all the rides there while all the other visitors took their sweet time walking.



As you can see, I'm quite a big fan of rollercoasters, both your normal ones and water rollercoasters.
If you're looking for a real thrill, Blue Fire and Euro Mir are your friends - while the former includes loopings and a lot of air time, the latter sends you flying down right next to the facade of a sky scraper. They're breathtaking - but sadly, so are their waiting times. My brother waited 70 minutes for a ride on Blue Fire on our second day!

The water rollercoasters were not as popular during our two day stay because it rained on and off, but as it wasn't too cold my we enjoyed riding both Poseidon (the blue one) and Atlantica Supersplash (the turquoise one) without having to wait at all!


Looking back at our lunch, which we had at the "Petite France", I really have to praise the park's catering. All the restaurants serve such a broad variety of foods and have a whole load of vegeterian and vegan options, so you can dine very well during your stay and don't have to only eat fast food - unless that's what you into, because there's loads of that to be had as well!
They also do really well on snacks and desert - I loved the Mini Donuts they sell. I could in fact eat these right now, the picture makes me that hungry.


 

During the afternoon of our first day, my Mom and I explored the park on our own because we wanted to explore all the themed areas without my little brother dragging us right into the next ride.

What is so special about this park is that there are so many little details that you can still discover things you've never seen before, even if you've been there before.
Also, the architecture of the different areas gives of the atmosphere of the countries they represent - after a while, with all of the smells of traditional food and the buildings around you, you'll actually start feeling like your in Greece, Finnland or Russia.


After finishing the day off with a few more rides on our favorite rollercoasters, it was already time for us to head back to our hotel - but before that, I took the chance and finally had my photo taken with some of the park's mascots, which I met at random on my way out. Ed Euromaus, the mouse, has been the parks symbol ever since the beginning and was one of my childhood heroes, so you can imagine how happy I was!








The park had a lot more visitors during Sunday, our second day in the park, so we opted for some of the more relaxing rides as we had actually managed to fit in almost all of the thrilling rides into our first, jam-packed day!

Because of that, we rode the Djungle Raft-Trip, which is actually soo relaxing and cute, even though it's mostly aimed at kids, rode the mono-rail (which you have the most amazing view over the park from, might I add) and watched a 4D movie in the park's very own cinema, which was incredible and will have a sequel that's coming to cinemas worldwide!



We did a lot more things, but really, this post would go on for hours and I don't think anyone would bother to read that, so I'll just leave with these photos of some of the other amazing rides that park has to offer that I didn't even get to touch base on yet.

Overall, these two days were some of the best I've had in a very long time.
Not only the park and its atmosphere, but also its staff members do everything to make you feel welcome and wonderful, so this has been yet another amazing, magical experience for me that makes me want to come back to the park forevermore.

Have you ever been to Europa Park? If so, how was your stay?

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great adventure... Sharing an article about Florence, alongside the Arno river inhttp://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/01/florence-along-arno-river.html
    Watch a video in Youtube athttps://youtu.be/Wzp8pgiZn7c

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig