Sunday, October 25, 2015

Five Minute Make Up | Beauty

I bet there's loads of people out there who get up at the crack of dawn and sing along with the birds while getting ready, but I'm definitely not one of them.
I love sleep, and I love being comfy, so having an alarm that literally makes me bolt up at 5.20am every single morning isn't my ideal idea of a great start into the day.

Because of that, I sometimes happen to press snooze and tell myself that staying in bed for a few more minutes is totally okay - and then fall back asleep.
On days like that, getting ready definitely is an adventure. But over time, I've worked out a sort of routine for when I need to make myself look like a human being in as little time as humanly possible.
And as I bet there's some people out there who are very similar to me when it comes to a bad habit of snoozing, I decided to share it with you!


I'll start off with applying Benefit's Erase Paste under my eyes to cover the dark circles that bespeak of late nights up studying. This is the first ever concealer that manages to cover those bad boys completely while still matching my skin shade - and because you only need to use a tiny amount of it, it lasts absolute ages! Due to it's very creamy consistency, it takes a little while to work into the skin to avoid it looking cakey, but the results are definitely worth it.

After that, Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation, which has a very glowy finish and is perfect when you're skin is looking dull and needs a little extra pick-me-up, comes into play. It's the most fuss-free base product I've used to date - it's very easy to work into the skin and sinks in rather quickly.

When that's done, it's time to set my base with my favorite powder, the Stay Matte Powder in 'Transparent' by Rimmel (which, I know, is looking a little sad right now after I dropped the bag it was in. Sad times.) . As the name suggests, it has a matte finish, so only a little of this sets my foundation into place nicely without looking chalky. This also has become a day-to-day favorite of mine because it helps my make up last pretty much all day long.

When I'm running late, I obviously don't have any time to waste on eyeshadow or even eyeliner, but something that I'll always take care of before leaving the house are my eyebrows. As I've found that eyeshadows work best for me when it comes to filling them in, I use the shade 'Lady Luck', a dark brown that matches my brows almost perfectly, from W7's In The Buff: Lightly Toasted palette.

To finish the look of, I'll use Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara which more than doubles my lashes in lenght. That way, my eyes look more open, which in return makes me look a lot more awake as I am - that, and coffee.


What are your go-to products for when you're running late?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig