Friday, April 24, 2015

Things To Do When You're Feeling A Little 'Meh' | Lifestyle


I'm sure we all have those weeks that seem absolutely endless, you will wake up on Tuesday thinking that it's already Friday, and it's only going downhill from there.

For me, the past week has been exactly like that, and I found myself falling asleep at 4pm because I was so exhausted or at one point even crying in bed at night without even having a valid reason, simply because I was feeling so overwhelmed with my entire situation.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has these weeks more or less occasionally, so I wanted to share some of the things that I do when I need to take my mind of the fact that I'm more than stressed out.

1. Get Away From Social Media

I can't stress this one enough. I feel like so many of us spend several hours a day browsing social media, and yes, sometimes it manages to make you smile or laugh, but at some point you will realize that it also stresses you out and makes you unhappy.
I sometimes scroll through my Instagram feed and think "Oh my god, I feel like everyone's got their life figured out, it's absolutely perfect - and what the heck am I doing with my life?" Basically, I was starting to get a lot of negative vibes from it.

If you're feeling anxious or stressed out, I'd recommend turning your phone off and putting it in a drawer.
After only one day, you will probably notice how much more at ease you are.

2. Pamper Yourself

I love running myself a hot bath when I feel low, using one of Lush's bath bombs - some of my favorites include Twilight and Think Pink. I feel like a long bath is so relaxing and it always helps me unwind.
Afterwards, I like to treat my skin by exfoliating it with Soap & Glory's "Flake Away" (which I have a blog post on here) and moisturizing it with my trusty "Pink Grapefruit Body Sorbet" from The Body Shop.
I'll often use a face mask and sometimes paint my nails a fun color as well - basically, I have myself a full on spa day.
When you're not at your best, your skin will show it, too, so I feel like being good to yourself is a great way to start feeling better.

3. Read A Book/Magazine

Something that I've been doing to escape my troubles ever since I was a kid was reading.
I love to sit down with a book or flick through a magazine and just completely zone out for an hour or two, it's insanely relaxing to dive into someone elses world in order to recover from your own.

4. Talk It Through

I'm by no means someone who isn't independent, but whenever I'm having a bad day I always try and talk to my Mom or a friend about it.
Talking to someone you truly trust is important and reassuring, especially when the cause for your negative mood are decisions that you need to make - and even if that's not the case, it's just good to vent to someone and get a hug when you're a literal picture of misery.

5. Excersise

Calm down, I'm not saying you should get out your running gear - if you're having a hard time, you will probably feel to exhausted for harder excersise anyways.
But trying out a few yoga positions or even doing a few breathing excersises will help you calm down within less than five minutes, so if you're feeling particulary nervous and/or anxious, you should definitely try those!


What are some things that help you unwind?


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Exercising really helps me clear my mind. I can release some frustrations and feel better about myself.
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig